Monday, August 25, 2008

Imperium 11 - Artemis and Orion

2429-36:
My old friend Zygot pays me a visit as my fleets start to limp back toward Imra. I greet him warmly, hoping for news of a breakthrough discovery at Rha, perhaps pertaining to the Guardian and galactic history, but instead, I find he's had a scanner malfunction. He warns me to reduce the number of starships along his borders, in spite of the fact that my entire starfleet is presently far from all his worlds, near the heart of Klackon space - and that their numbers were just reduced significantly, courtesy of the Guardian! I promise, "Have no fear! There will soon be no Klackon ships at all on your borders!" - an easy promise to make, since there weren't any there to begin with, and weren't going to be anyway! Besides, I think he broke the connection before I could actually say it. No starships on Psilon borders though does not mean no new starships. Quite the contrary.



We shall fulfill the destiny of Artemis! We shall defeat Orion!



It's just a matter of building a strong enough fleet!



In the early years, Maalor and Artemis were of overwhelming importance to my success; now however, the true power of the Klackons lies in our united front and the sheer numbers prepared to work for the common good. No single world can build many Huntresses in a year...



...but with all of me working as a single unit...



...I shall achieve my inevitable victory!

_______________

Next: The End of the Hunt