Monday, October 20, 2008

Imperium 13 - Introduction

The first Impossible Imperium since I found my way to Realms Beyond is played as the Alkari in a large galaxy, and I'm really looking forward to it! The Alkari are my favorite MoO race from a gameplay perspective (my favorites from a graphics perspective are the Darloks) - their propulsion excellence in particular is great, as the only thing in MoO that I like more than strategic speed is more strategic speed! Their racial bonus is one of my favorites too though, as it makes my beloved mobile defense fleets a lot more efficient: Their fighters are especially effective, and I do love building fighters, if only for their logistical versatility. (Unlike my "one ship navy" from Imperium 12, you can split a big fleet of fighters when you need them in two or three or a dozen places at once - especially important in a large galaxy.) The nebulas near and surrounding our home world should also help us out, as Alkari fighters will be able to kill heavily shielded ships when the nebula makes those shields disappear, but do not rely on shields for their own defense.

Curiously, however, I've never yet played as Alkari on Impossible difficulty - to be honest, most of the games I've played lately have been those referred to right here on this site, and it's only relatively recently that I've been comfortable playing on Impossible. I wasn't a very strong player before I played in my first OSG ... but playing on the same team as dathon, Zed, and Sargon did wonders for my MoO abilities! (I also learned a lot from Sargon and d0om in my second OSG, but there's nothing like playing your very first succession game ... especially when you get to play it on an all-star team!)

All right, enough with the babble already then! Let's get on with the game!

Read On!