Monday, August 25, 2008

Imperium 11 - The End of the Hunt



While my great Huntress fleets are being assembled, I confirm my old theories about industrial tech 5, and pursue the question of Andrium Armor. I negotiate another non-aggression pact with Lasitus, though the universal hatred in which he's held by the rest of the galaxy - including my trustworthy friends - means we still may not be at peace for long - even if he doesn't make yet another ill-conceived and hopeless attempt to backstab me. Oddly enough, it's Sedimin this time who chooses the very next year to declare on me out of the blue.



Zygot - with whom I could use another relations boost, thanks to his scanner debacle - agrees to renew his part of our Silicoid war; ominously, he adds that with our forces combined, the rocks can't last long - I fear he's right, and hateful and envious though the Silicoids seem to be, I can't brook actual genocide!

That's a matter for the future, though. With my Huntress fleets rebuilt, more numerous than ever, I'm ready to go after the Guardian again!



What a difference a - what was that human word? - decade makes! This in spite of scrapping the entire 2325 fleet and losing a third of the new one within the first few years!



My alert screen is incorrect: The Guardian is not attacking me this time! For once, it's the other way around!

_______________

Next: The Battle for Orion