Monday, August 3, 2009

Imperium 21 - Uniting the Galaxy

2419: Mirana's gone too far now; according to my advisors, she ordered bombardment of her own homeworld - it must have been just before our fleet got there and destroyed the last of her military forces at the planet - just like she did to Draconis last year! Even INT-986 called to compliment me for recognizing "the incredible threat the Mrrshan empire poses to both our worlds." I keep telling my advisors we need to send sub-space transmissions to the Mrrshans to offer them the chance to join my empire in place of Mirana's, but it's no good; apparently, the quantum jammers on the planet's surface create quasi-quinary quark interference that adversely affects the quiddity of subspacial ... um ... something. Anyway, the upshot is, we can't do it, and we have to wait for more campaign guys to arrive.

2421: Finally!



Draconis and Fierias finally overthrew their merciless overlady, and even told my scientists how to make a Battle Computer Mark III! So now that my subjects control nearly every planet in the galaxy, we can just sit back and wait for the next election, and I can officially unite the whole galaxy!

2427: Uh ... what's going on here? Wasn't there supposed to be an election a couple years ago or something? Not that the outcome would have been in doubt or anything....



So now my Secretary of Defense is telling me INT-986 boycotted the election because it was the only emperor in the galaxy left other than me, and it couldn't be held with just one of me! But that means we'll never be able to unite the galaxy! Luckily, the SoD has an answer ready. I didn't realize it, but apparently we've been gathering our entire starfleet out near Meklar space since Mirana was ... er, exiled or whatever ... in case of just this eventuality! Now that I look, I can even see the two wings of our starfleet, plus a bunch of campaign transports, with arrows showing their destination on the map my advisors prepared for me! I guess I should have been paying more attention to what my ships and things have been doing.

2428: Well, here goes nothing! Rock the vote, you beautiful cybernetic people, you! Wear those green cloaks with pride to show your support for the Darloks! Here's to solidarity!



Yyyyyesssss! Victory!



Hurray for the New Imperium! Yay!



Yup, yup, yup! That's me!



Scoring:

The scoring for this event (see the official Imperium 21 page at Realms Beyond) depends on the results of all the participants' reports - which are now complete, and the final scores tallied! So...

First Techs Researched:
Computers: 2341 - Third: +2
Construction: 2337 - Third: +2
Force Fields: 2349 - Tied for Third/Fourth: +1
Planetology: 2323 - First!: +6
Propulsion: 2329 - Third: +2
Weapons: 2350 - Third: +2

I did pretty well here - though not as well as Sargon or KnTenshi! - as the only player to score at least one point in every field.

Additional Techs Researched in Each Field:
None: -0

Victory: Extermination ... errrr, I mean, Unification, 2428: +100

Total Score: 115! - good for second place overall!

_______________

Notes from the Sponsor (i.e. me) at Realms Beyond
_______________

Back to the Front Page