Monday, September 22, 2008

Imperium 12, Introduction

And now for something completely different: An Imperium played as a succession game! Here's my starting roster:
RefSteel: UP for 20 turns
RefSteel: ON DECK for 15
RefSteel: will play 15 more, with 10 turns per set thereafter.
(There are 9 more guys on the roster, but I didn't bother listing them since they all have the same name.)

What am I even talking about? Heh. Well, for our first Extreme Imperium, I thought I'd play a little differently than usual: I'd divide the game up into standard OSG-style turn sets, and take a break (sometimes just for a walk or something, sometimes overnight and through the next day at work or longer) and come back for a fresh look at the game with the start of each set. I figured this would elevate my game a bit, and give me an opportunity to write my report as I went along instead of keeping an endlessly detailed real-time turnlog to be later broken down into a readable report. You'll have to see and/or decide for yourself how it worked out!

(Of course, I did write the posts in character ... in twelve different characters, in fact....)

Read on!