Monday, September 22, 2008

Imperium 12 - MY Galaxy!

2456: A fleet of Consuls with nothing better to do checks out the Bulrathi world of Laan. Since there are almost a hundred in the fleet, they do check it out in detail though, in spite of what it thought were its defenses. About three hundred of our fighters also deal with a Bulrathi huge at Kailis, losing nothing important. Oh, and we burn some more alien worlds to the ground, but what really matters is:



Two new colonies! Not only that, but colonies that'll extend my reach so I'll be able to (destroy and re-) build still more new colonies!

2457: Ooooh, pretty! I love watching my fleets fly all over the galaxy while everyone else's crawls around like slugs on sleeping medication. It makes expansion so much simpler and more efficient! My Navy continues to make enemy ships run away while my attack fleets pretty much do the same thing, but over alien colonies. And Refrens comes in with plans for Anti-Matter Torpedoes, which is just hilarious. We spend some time giggling together, and with Auto Blaster and Tachyon Beam as the other new possibilities, I let our scientists pretend to work on a Phasor design. I make Refcon happy by scouting the last unscouted Psilon colonies, and make everyone else happy by some glass-making work. I stop bomber production and scrap our old Surgeon 2.0s in favor of a new NPG fighter with our best computers and combat speed, superior even to the Consul, and capable of killing enemy ships before they can retreat: The Defender 5, for the protection of our lovely new colonies! And perhaps, just maybe, some slightly more aggressive assignments as well (heeheehee). I'm having way too much fun with our colonies to ever hand power off to my successor, but I'll deal with that when the time comes, and enjoy this while it lasts!

2458: Hey, Cygni has 10 bases! Exciting! It also has a cruiser in orbit, but that retreats in terror, and of our 201 Consuls, we end up losing only one for each base we destroy. We chase some Bulrathi away, kill some Psilons, and then we do the really important things:



That's Laan and Artifacts Uxmai that are now flying the Meklar flag. Hurray! You can tell you're a pretty good minister of colonial development when you get two GNN expansion reports in the course of the same reign. Oh, and we do some bombing. Nothing important, really.

The phone rings, and it's Lasitus, begging for a peace treaty. It rings again, and it's the Psilon emperor, who finally gets introduced by name - sadly, we never discovered the Alkari emperor's identiy before he was killed along with all the rest of his people - and Zygot begs for peace. Krungo is either too dumb to realize he's about to be dead, or too smart to believe we'll make peace with him. Is this what the droid calls "preparing to merge" with me? Because they can prepare all they want, but I'm not going to merge with anyone who works with (yiiiiiiiech) planetology! Or for that matter, anyone who's in the way of my new colonies!

2459: Tum-diddlety-tum. Kill some bases. Make some ships run away. Actually get a spy hit, now that I no longer care even slightly...



...especially not about Gatling Laser from the Bulrathi. Refrens proudly presents level 2 battle computers at the same time. Yipee. I finally let him work on ECM Jammer Mark VI, which will never be finished or needed. Oh, and we bomb things all over the place, but to our immense disappointment, we don't quite glass anything - I was sure I had enough to get rid of Cygni, but I missed the mark by just one million bears, and now I won't be able to colonize that world during my reign! Well, I'll send two more Landers into the sky this year to make up for it. That's all I can do, after all.

2460: Wow! The Bulrathi actually have a fleet at their homeworld! Well ... such as it is. Their 17 bases look impressive until you realize they're are all shield 2, titanium-armored, nuclear-missile-launching jokes, and as for that fleet that so impressed me ... well....



Believe it or not, that's my least lopsided victory of the year in space combat. Bulrathi luck again saves one of their colonies for a year - Vox is now down to its last million Bears - but can't save Cygni anymore. And of course the Humans' luck - at Imra and elsewhere - has just run out. But wait! I forgot to move some defenders to one of our worlds, and the Bulrathi retaliate for my attacks!



They will pay dearly for bombing that factory at Laan! Oh, how dearly they will pay!



Told you so.

Oh, and the Psilons get some attention too. In fact...



You'd think glassing someone's homeworld and exterminating two other races in the same year would make them slightly unhappy, but the Bulrathi are merely troubled. There is something deeply wrong with these planetology users. I wonder how much of their "planetology" research has gone into the development of hardy, pungent, new weeds....

All right, everything's ready for the end of this war and the completion of our expansion! I can take care of it right here! Just let me run things for two more years....

Pleeeeeeease? I set everything up so perfectly! Just two ... more.....

(Admiral Refpect drags Refspand bodily away from the control chamber)

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

_______________

Next: Conclusion